Might you want to try out a real Caribbean cuisine? In a nearby kitchen with local people? You could spend a morning or evening with one of our hosts and figure out how to cook a whole dinner the run of the mill Grenadian way. Agree to accept one of our cooking workshops (2-3 hours) during your vacation and after that kick back and appreciate the lunch or dinner you have cooked either as a takeaway or sitting chatting over the table with your cooking instructor.
Dishes to try in Grenada
- Caribbean lunch with stewed peas, macaroni pie, stewed chicken and vegetables Caribbean lunch with stewed peas, macaroni pie, stewed chicken and vegetables
- Caribbean hand-made desserts Irresistible Caribbean coconut confections, vanilla and chocolate fudge
- Conceivable dishes include:
- Oil down (the national dish is a heavenly, filling stew made with breadfruit, ground provision, callaloo and different vegetables, implanted with coconut. Generally made with pork or fish, however it can likewise be totally vegetarian, in Rastafarian style!
- Caribbean vegetables – callaloo, fried plantain, green banana serving of mixed greens, cook breadfruit, christophene
- Pumpkin or split-pea soup
- Spicy chicken
- Fried Jacks (Fried Jacks (small, tasty local fish))
- Saltfish Souse
- Rice and peas
- Ground provision , (yam, sweet potato, dasheen, tannia)
- Coo Coo (a Caribbean adaptation of polenta)
- Macaroni Pie (rich and thick; beats plain old mac n cheese by a wide margin, trust us!)
Tereen Thomas Hood is your guide to Grenadian cuisine. She lives with her family in Marian, a quiet suburb of St.George’s. Everyone that stayed with her has RAVED about her delicious traditional Caribbean home cooking. She also offers a two-hour cooking workshop leads either to lunch (groups) or supper (single person) at Tereen’s family home.
- 1 person US$80, a couple US$130, a family of 4 US$180 (includes all ingredients)
- 2 days’ notice needed
You can contact her on (473)533 6675, by email on firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are looking to purchase land in Grenada or buy real estate in Grenada then you have come to the right place. We have experience with land transfers, purchases and real estate rentals and purchases in Grenada. When searching for luxury real estate or yachts in Grenada you can rest assured that you are in good hands with our experienced team. Additionally we can help with yacht charters as well just give us a call for all of your land, real estate property and yacht needs in Grenada.